We know that finding the right place to live at university where you will feel comfortable and secure is vital. That is why we aim to provide university-sourced accommodation for all new UK and international students who request it.
DMU has all the benefits of a campus university, and is conveniently located on the edge of the city centre. Our university-sourced halls of residence are within walking distance of Leicester’s many attractions, including the Highcross Shopping Centre and the iconic Curve Theatre. There are a variety of restaurants, cafes, bars, pubs and clubs just a short walk away, as well as DMU’s state-of-the-art leisure centre.
DMU has nine halls of residence – with around 2,300 rooms – all of which are within easy walking distance of the campus.
Open days are a great opportunity to visit halls; alternatively, you can book onto a campus tour and view a show flat in either Liberty Park or Newarke Point.
- Bede Hall – University-managed hall on the edge of campus, with 10 bedrooms per flat and shared bathrooms (2 toilets & 2 showers per flat)
- New Wharf - 4, 7 or 10 bedrooms per flat, university-managed halls on the outskirts of campus, with shared bathrooms (2 toilets & 2 showers per flat)
- The Grange – Privately managed by the Unite Group, The Grange is on campus with 2, 4, 5 or 6 bedrooms per flat. En-suite and shared bathroom flats available
- Victoria Hall – Privately managed by Victoria Halls, with 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 bedrooms per flat all with en-suite facilities
- Liberty Park – Privately managed by Liberty Living, with 4 or 5 bedroom flats available, all with en-suite facilities
- Newarke Point – All rooms have en-suite facilities, with 5 bedrooms per flat. Privately managed by the Unite Group
- Filbert Village – 2, 4, 5 or 6 bedroom flats, all with en-suite facilities. Privately owned by the Unite Group
- Waterway Gardens – DMU owned and managed, 6 bedroom houses with shared bathrooms (2 toilets & 2 showers per flat)
- Grosvenor House - 3, 4, 5 or 6 bedrooms per flat, with all rooms having en-suite facilities. Privately managed by Grosvenor House